Rules to B.A.D.D. SUPER BIKEDRAW.
1) One prize per name drawn. If the same name
is pulled more than once that stub will not be considered a winner.
2) Suggested donation/No purchase necessary*.
3) No employees, volunteers or dealers of B.A.D.D., Nascar Cafe, NY Harley
Davidson, Bruce Rossmeyers Destination Daytona or dealerships, the Dr.
Phil Show, Planet Hollywood or Hard Rock Cafe, Universal City Walk are
eligible to enter and win.
4) Winners are responsible for title, tax, tags and transportation.
5) Winners need not be present to win.
6) Winners agree to allow BADD to use name and likeness to promote future
7) Winners must be 18 years of age or older.
8) All winners must answer a mathematical skill testing question in order
to claim prize.
9) All Motor vehicles are awarded in "As is Condition", with
no guarantees of any kind on the motorcycle or vehicle or any of the parts.
10) Winners to be drawn during Daytona BADD Bike Week at our Headquarters
at Destination Daytona 1637 N. US Highway 1 Ormond Beach Florida.
11) Prizes may change or differ without notice.
12) All entries must arrive at BADD mailing address 2665 N. Atlantic
Ave # 126 Daytona Beach Florida 32118 by Friday March 14th 2014
@ 11:am. All
entries received later will be included in the next year's drawing. No
13) Winners must arrange pick up and delivery of prizes no later than 3 weeks after draw date.
The 2009 Florida Statutes 849.0935
Charitable, nonprofit organizations; drawings by chance; required disclosures; unlawful acts and practices; penalties.--
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) "Drawing by chance" or "drawing" means an enterprise in which, from the entries submitted by the public to the organization conducting the drawing, one or more entries are selected by chance to win a prize. The term "drawing" does not include those enterprises, commonly known as "matching," "instant winner," or "preselected sweepstakes," which involve the distribution of winning numbers, previously designated as such, to the public.
(b) "Organization" means an organization which is exempt from federal income taxation pursuant to 26 U.S.C. s. 501(c)(3), (4), (7), (8), (10), or (19), and which has a current determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service, and its bona fide members or officers.
(2) The provisions of s. 849.09 ; shall not be construed to prohibit an organization qualified under 26 U.S.C. s. 501(c)(3), (4), (7), (8), (10), or (19) from conducting drawings by chance pursuant to the authority granted by this section, provided the organization has complied with all applicable provisions of chapter 496.
(3) All brochures, advertisements, notices, tickets, or entry blanks used in connection with a drawing by chance shall conspicuously disclose:
(a) The rules governing the conduct and operation of the drawing.
(b) The full name of the organization and its principal place of business.
(c) The source of the funds used to award cash prizes or to purchase prizes.
(d) The date, hour, and place where the winner will be chosen and the prizes will be awarded, unless the brochures, advertisements, notices, tickets, or entry blanks are not offered to the public more than 3 days prior to the drawing.
(e) That no purchase or contribution is necessary.
(4) It is unlawful for any organization which, pursuant to the authority granted by this section, promotes, operates, or conducts a drawing by chance:
(a) To design, engage in, promote, or conduct any drawing in which the winner is predetermined by means of matching, instant win, or preselected sweepstakes or otherwise or in which the selection of the winners is in any way rigged;
(b) To require an entry fee, donation, substantial consideration, payment, proof of purchase, or contribution as a condition of entering the drawing or of being selected to win a prize. However, this provision shall not prohibit an organization from suggesting a minimum donation or from including a statement of such suggested minimum donation on any printed material utilized in connection with the fundraising event or drawing;
(c) To condition the drawing on a minimum number of tickets having been disbursed to contributors or on a minimum amount of contributions having been received;
(d) To arbitrarily remove, disqualify, disallow, or reject any entry or to discriminate in any manner between entrants who gave contributions to the organization and those who did not give such contributions;
(e) To fail to promptly notify, at the address set forth on the entry blank, any person, whose entry is selected to win, of the fact that he or she won;
(f) To fail to award all prizes offered;
(g) To print, publish, or circulate literature or advertising material used in connection with the drawing which is false, deceptive, or misleading;
(h) To cancel a drawing; or
(i) To condition the acquisition or giveaway of any prize upon the receipt of voluntary donations or contributions.
(5) The organization conducting the drawing may limit the number of tickets distributed to each drawing entrant.
(6) A violation of this section is a deceptive and unfair trade practice.
(7) Any organization which engages in any act or practice in violation of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 ; or s. 775.083. ; However, any organization or other person who sells or offers for sale in this state a ticket or entry blank for a raffle or other drawing by chance, without complying with the requirements of paragraph (3)(d), is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by fine only as provided in s. 775.083. ;
(8) This section does not apply to the state lottery operated pursuant to chapter 24.
History.--s. 1, ch. 84-181; ss. 1, 2, ch. 88-115; s. 216, ch. 91-224; s. 1, ch. 96-253; s. 1825, ch. 97-102; s. 1, ch. 97-108.
All federal, state and local laws apply. Contest is
void where prohibited. All taxes, license, and registration fees are the
sole responsibility of the winner.
By claiming any of the prizes, the winner gives consent to the use, without
additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness for promotional
and/or advertising purposes in connection with the contest.
All participating sponsors, host locations, and B.A.D.D. will not be held
responsible for any claims, liabilities or damages arising from or in
conjunction with benefits of entry.
* You may enter as many times as you
like. In order to qualify you must hand print your name, address ,
and e-mail address clearly on a 3 1/2" x 4 " index card and send it with
a hand written self addressed stamped envelope to our headquarters no
later than Friday March 14th 2014 @ 11:am.
No electronic stamps will be accepted. One entry per envelope only.